Every year lacs of student prepare for medical entrance exams and compete to get admission in top medical colleges of India. Do you have a list of top 10 medical colleges in India? No, not yet then, here we are with the complete list of best colleges in India, where you can aim to get admission. India has some world class medical colleges in which you can get admissions through NEET and AIIMS exams. These colleges provide various courses in the field of medical science, both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In these colleges, the students have the option of going for different degrees like MBBS, BDS, MD, MDS and MS. The Medical Council of India looks after the standard and the quality of these medical colleges. In India there are 273 medical colleges having 31298 seats.
Books Recommeded for NEET Exam
Check this list of Top 10 medical colleges in India:
1. All India Institute of Medical Science, Delhi – The AIIMS College nurtures excellence in every field of health care. It possesses comprehensive facilities of patient-care, research and teaching and conducts the teaching program in 42 different disciplines.
2. Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi – This college is named after the name if great Indian freedom fighter and has the top quality education and facilities to its students.
3. Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune – AFMC college is an amalgamation of a number of Defence medical organizations. At present, the institute is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health and Sciences. It is recognized by MCI for conducting postgraduate and undergraduate medical courses.
4. Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore – CMC is one of the best medical colleges in Vellore and ranks second in India.
5. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal – Kasturba Medical College comes under the top 5 medical colleges and its degree is recognized throughout the world. Students from more than 44 countries have successfully graduated from this college.
6. Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi – Lady Hardinge Medical College is affiliated to the University of Delhi and it offers a number of post-graduate courses. Previously, Hardinge provided post-graduate courses only for female students but since the year 1970, both female and male students are being admitted at the college.
7. Grant Medical College, Mumbai – Grant Medical College is a prestigious and premiere educational institution in India. The college is a State Government Medical College.
8. University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi – This medical college in India came up in the year 1971. It is a constituent college of University of Delhi and it offers various paramedical and medical courses.
9. King George’s Medical University, Lucknow – This College is a frontrunner among medical institutions in India. The college got transferred under the new university known as Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University on 16th September, 2012.
10. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai – The main aim of this college is to match the medical education standards in India to those practiced in advanced countries like the US and the UK. The college signed an inter-institutional alliance with the Harvard Medical International, USA on 1st April, 1997 and makes our cut of top 10 medical colleges in India.
If you aim to get admission in these top 10 medical colleges of India then read the guidelines. Every college has their own cutoff rank and criteria to take admissions. Keep your target set in NEET exam to achieve your aim.